06 October 2013

LITHOPS ?AUCAMPIAE? ?LESLIEI?

In January I bought some Lithops that I had come across in a garden center. They were planted in pure peat and looked lovely and were so beautifully sculptured.

I allways loved the way the Japanese presented their plants in their ceramic containers. When I for the first time visited american and british succulent plant exhibitions I again saw this art of presentation. I really adore the way american and british succulent plant lovers present their plants. And so I decided to give "my lithops" a better and more beautiful home.

As allways I potted the plants in my mineral substrate. No peat was added. I covered the top of the surface with Granite as to mimic the natural habitat.
The plants stay outside the whole spring, summer and autumn as long as the temperature will not be under 5 C.
Watering will be suspended when the temperature will be under 10 C. Generally speaking I water the plants as often I do my cacti.


I am not sure what species this Lithops may be. I allways have my difficulties to differentiate between L. aucampiae and L. lesliei. May be you can tell me...?










2 comments:

  1. Beautiful plants! Love their shape and color and overall condition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. They really have developed a beautiful habit. Thanks to mother sun.

    ReplyDelete